- This event has passed.
CCAR Recovery Coach Training – Fall 2022
November 9, 2022 @ 9:00 am - November 13, 2022 @ 4:00 pm
If you are considering a career as a recovery coach or peer advocate, or you simply want to learn more effective methods for supporting people through their recovery process, this workshop will enlighten and inspire you. This 5-day intensive Peer Recovery Coach Training Program, presented by Futures Recovery Healthcare and the Alumni Services team, will provide you with the teaching skills needed to guide, mentor, and support those in recovery from alcohol or drug addiction.
After completing this course, you’ll receive 30 CEU’s and a Certificate of Achievement from the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy. A CCAR Recovery Coach is a recognized certification by hospitals, treatment centers, and most insurances.
Presented by Futures Recovery Healthcare.
The curriculum is designed by the Center for Addiction Recovery Training, a global leader in quality recovery coach training.
WHEN: Fall 2022: Wednesday, November 9 – Sunday, November 13
WHAT: Training course teaching skills needed to guide, mentor, and support those in recovery from an alcohol or drug addiction.
Futures Recovery Healthcare
Perhaps more importantly, Recovery Coaches play a vital role in the addiction treatment and aftercare continuum of care and many more coaches are needed to support the growing gap in community based recovery resources.
What will I learn at the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy?
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
To register please email Michael Boyer, Marketing and Communication Liaison of Futures Recovery Healthcare: Email Here