Mental health disorders affect millions of Americans each year. According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), nearly one in five adults live with a mental illness. If you are grappling with a persistent mental health disorder, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or a personality disorder, which is not improving with current interventions, the next level of treatment may be an inpatient or residential treatment program.
A residential program offers a more intense, focused, and comprehensive treatment experience than an outpatient service. Residential care helps stabilize patients and assists them in developing skills and patterns of thinking that would prove helpful upon the completion of treatment.
Luxury mental health treatment facilities have revolutionized how people seek and receive treatment for mental health conditions and other issues like substance abuse and co-occurring disorders.
What Is a Luxury Mental Health Facility?
A luxury mental health facility is a treatment center that combines evidence-based therapies and state-of-the-art medical and psychiatric care with premier accommodation and amenities. These facilities are usually located in beautiful and serene natural settings, such as the coastline or hilltops. They often have the feel of a retreat to create a safe environment conducive to healing the mind and spirit.
When most people consider residential mental health treatment, they think of stark, institutional, and authoritarian spaces that were heavily popularized in the past. This antiquated representation of residential mental healthcare paints a rather dehumanizing picture and can prevent individuals in distress from seeking professional help. On the contrary, residential treatment centers, especially the luxury ones, provide round-the-clock care in a comfortable, resort-like environment to address your unique mental health needs. They create customized treatment plans that include many types of therapeutic, pharmacological, and holistic interventions and are ideal for people who wish for privacy and comfort during their treatment.
Some of the amenities and services offered by luxury mental health centers include:
- Nutritional counseling
- Gourmet meals
- Personal training
- Physical Therapy
- Swimming pools and saunas
- Golf and tennis courts
- Equine therapy
- Massage therapy
- Art therapy
- Adventure therapy
In addition to the luxury amenities and high-end therapeutic services, these bespoke treatment centers also provide a high staff-to-patient ratio to help maintain the highest level of service and quality of care. Above all, these facilities also employ some of the best medical professionals, therapists, counselors, and wellness and addiction professionals the industry has to offer.
What to Expect in a Luxury Mental Health Center?
Luxury treatment centers provide an integrated approach to treatment by utilizing a structured daily schedule with meaningful activities, therapies, and experiences to help patients achieve wellness and stability, which is the primary goal of any luxury mental health program. Although the schedule may vary from one patient to another, most patients experience the following standard schedule:
- Positive mornings – The morning starts with a healthy breakfast, followed by some time for personal reflection. Then, the patient engages in physical activities, individual therapy, or other alternative therapies.
- Productive afternoons – Lunch is usually followed by group therapy, allowing patients to connect with others in recovery. Relaxing breaks will intersperse this schedule at near-regular intervals.
- Peaceful evenings – Dinner is followed by holistic therapies that focus on developing the patient as a whole. Peer support groups are open at this time, allowing patients to interact with peers and rely on their support. The night ends with personal reflection and preparing the patient for the next day.
Patients work hard during the week in various therapies to gain self-awareness and coping skills. The weekends are most likely filled with relaxation and experiential therapy for a pleasant change of pace. These elements will be the building blocks for effective residential care and long-term wellness.
Benefits of Luxury Mental Health Treatment Centers
There are many distinct benefits to choosing a luxury mental health treatment program, particularly for patients with severe psychiatric issues. Some of them include:
- Low patient-to-staff ratio – Rather than have the clinical and support staff stretched thin by a high patient population, luxury mental health programs opt to take only a few patients while maintaining a full roster of psychiatrists, psychologists, specialized therapists, wellness practitioners, and support staff to provide individual attention and comprehensive care.
- Individualized treatment plans – Personalized treatment plans boost your chance of long-term wellness. Hence, most luxury mental health facilities initiate comprehensive assessments during the first few sessions to design a comprehensive treatment plan that meets your treatment needs.
- High-end accommodation and amenities – One of the apparent benefits of luxury mental healthcare centers are their comfortable accommodation and luxury facilities that help you have a safe resort-like treatment experience while focusing on healing physically and mentally.
Are Luxury Treatment Centers Private and Confidential?
A luxury residential treatment center treats all its residents with the same discretion and confidential thoroughness as in any doctor-patient relationship and employees are prohibited from disclosing clients’ names or other personal health information. Patients are usually provided with private rooms for relaxation and an opportunity to reflect quietly.
How To Choose the Right Treatment Center?
Luxury mental health treatment provides the individualized care required for a successful recovery. However, selecting a program or treatment method is a highly individual endeavor. Understanding your options, needs, and preferences can help you make a more informed decision regarding your recovery program and the facility you choose.
At Futures Recovery Healthcare, we are committed to helping people with psychiatric illnesses and drug and alcohol addiction get the care they need. Our highly-qualified, compassionate staff provides evidence-based treatment with complementary, holistic activities to help you begin your journey to recovery.
How Can Futures Recovery Healthcare Help You?
Futures Recovery Healthcare is aware of the challenges and misconceptions associated with mental illness. No one should have to experience anxiety, guilt, or shame when seeking treatment for their mental health condition. The Mental Health program at Futures Recovery Healthcare works tirelessly to assist individuals and families in obtaining treatment and support for a wide range of mental health disorders in a judgment-free environment. We treat depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, bipolar disorder, and other related conditions using clinical, medical, and psychiatric interventions and support. Our multidisciplinary team approach enables patients to receive comprehensive care and services. Our mission is to aid in developing and establishing a healing journey and a life worth living.
Futures Recovery Healthcare is also committed to supporting first responders and their families in obtaining treatment for mental health disorders, such as depression, PTSD, anxiety, and substance abuse. We recognize the importance of providing these individuals with comprehensive, individualized care that addresses their specific mental health needs.